Finding Better Home Deals in Spring– Just days before the Fall season arrives, let us try to break down the common question Can I Find a Better Deal on a Home in the Fall? It is claimed that spring has left a lot of good deals from homeowners whose homes are still left on the market from summer. And because of better weather and not moving between the school calendar, spring is dubbed the ‘home-buying season.’ But is this true?
1. Don’t expect. There had been reports that there is a nationwide low inventoryfor the past months, according to IndyStar.com. With this in mind, don’t expect that the market will be flooded with homes listed at lower prices.
2. Don’t delay. It is not ideal to delay your home search until fall just because of the ‘home-buying season’ especially when you found the right property at the right price. You have to act on it before somebody else has.
3. There’s more competition. With everyone else joining the the spring home-buying bandwagon, bidding war is more likely to happen during spring. You may even have to compete for an agent or a lender’s attention. So we go back to Number 2, don’t delay your home deals!
4. Most investors find it smart to buy a home during off season. If you’re buying a home for investment potential rather than to live in, the off-season is the best time to buy with foreclosures and REOs. Off-season sales sellers are said to be more motivated. These sellers are more likely to make a deal and open to contingencies and terms.
5. Every market is different. Keep in mind that not all market are the same, not all household consider the school calendar and have the same climate with colder fall/winter climates such as the Northeast and Midwest. In other words, it is a tricky market so you may or may not be able to find a lot of great deals.
6. Mortgages are still low. It is best time to take advantage of the current low mortgage rates,which makes more homes affordable to home buyers. And with the upcoming spring season, forecasters are expecting a blow-out.
With everything that’s been said, the best time to buy or sell a home is up to you. For more information on home buying or home sales, you may call Lora Reynolds, Broker/Owner of Indy Homes Realty Group, LLC at 317-496-6291 or visit her website at www.lora.indyhomesforyou.com.
Author:Lora Reynolds Phone: 317-496-6291 Dated: February 27th 2016 Views: 217 About Lora: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
The buyer/seller and agent relationship is based on trust, shared goals and understanding. We are constantly striving to improve.
One of the ways that we do this is to listen to our clients and to always take their needs/wants into consideration. Our clients always make their own decisions based on all the "homework" we do as well as the expertise that we can bring. We walk them through the process every step of the way and protect their best interest at all times.
We believe that it is our duty and honor to serve our clients with the most valuable service that we can provide.
Fall to do List for Indy Home OwnersFall to do List for Indy Home Owne
"Lora was an amazing realtor to deal with! Her communication skills were awesome and was always in touch with me about every piece if information that I needed to know. She helped me out a lot and I'm not sure if I would have gotten my house without her. I highly recommend her for all of your housing needs! zuser20140716200708361, Bought a home in 2014 in Poplar Grove, Indianapolis, IN 46239."